Friday, November 5, 2010

A celebration!

Last evening as I was walking up to the Sala cu Orgel to attend a concert, Professor Negura called me on my cell phone and asked, "Rodney, where are you?" When I told him, we decided to meet at the Sala cu Orgel. He explained that he was going to attend a special event for a two month old baby named Sofia. Professor Negura will be something like a godparent for this child. He also explained that it would last all night! We met a young couple with a car, stopped by Negura's apartment, and drove to Durlesti. The party was in a special place for events where there were tables set up with lots of food. The music was excellent, of course, and I had a fantastic evening of dancing and sharing quite a time with the group gathered for this baby. We survived the incident with flaming salmon at our table (it did involve me and my pants being in flames for a few seconds - well, I guess it was the stuff from the candles that was in flames). I was so glad to have great company, music, and food for the evening. The baby is well blessed!

1 comment: